This qualification teaches delegates to be workplace Mental Health First Aiders, who will be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of common workplace mental health issues and know how to effectively guide a person towards the right mental health support.
On this course delegates will gain:
- an in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental illness
- an understanding of how to perform some physical first aid as part of their response to mental illness
- the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- knowledge on how to implement reasonable mental health adjustments when an individual returns to work
- the skills to create a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
2 days 9am - 5pm
Delegates must bring photographic ID to the course
Pre-course reading will be required. This will be provided within the joining instructions
To be awarded the FutureQuals Level 3 qualification, all delegates must pass the below assessments:
- Two multiple-choice question papers. Results will not be given during the course.
- A scenario based practical assessment.
Subject to passing all assessments, delegates will be awarded the FutureQuals Level 3 Award in Mental Health: Workplace First Aider qualification, valid for three years.